Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Channelling....

Back when I was in college, going clubbing was the highlight of my week. My friends and I would get ready for the event, starting a few hours before we had to leave our dorm. We'd start by blasting club music in our dorm rooms. Somehow the loud music got us into the "clubbing mood". As we listened to the music and danced around, we would get ready. Deciding what to wear, how to do our hair, makeup, earrings etc. It was an intense process and it took those entire two hours to channel our inner Divas and transform us from our sweatpants and ponytail personae to dancing queens.

Trying to get into the mindset of a career woman is rather similar after you've stayed home for a couple of years. You have to surround yourself with .. and channel the inner corporate woman! The woman that is there, deep inside you. I have decided to do this by turning my study at home into what my office would look like, if I did sit in an office building. It is surrounded with white boards - to help organize my tasks for the day, bulletin-boards with pin-ups of inspiring words, a printout of my resume, calendar (no more life is a blur) and documents and contacts from my former work.

It works! I feel like I have an actual office now. I call it my war room. And my mission is to figure out the next step of my career and start working, pronto!

No comments: