Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Fairy Godmother : Ann Taylor

When you've spent a couple of years not caring about the spit-up stain on your shirt or the crumbs from your toddler's snack time treat that mysteriously found a way to hide in the crease of your pant leg, you need to find a place that can outfit you and make you feel like the million bucks that you are worth, when you have an interview to go to. Enter Ann Taylor.

We are blessed with an Ann Taylor factory store within a 5 mile drive from our house. They know me now, and not just by name. They know my size, which blouse I wore to which interview with which suit. I love the Ann Taylor store. I go there every time I need a new interview outfit. And they make me feel and look great, every time!

The first time I went to buy a suit in years, I went with DH and son in tow. They sat outside the dressing room while I tried on each of the suits. When I'd walk out to show them, I felt like a model on a catwalk. What a devoted audience. They oohed and aahed and made recommendations. And when the winning suit was identified, looked at me like I was the Queen of Corporate America.

"Mama's going back to work after 2 years," said DH, "we have to make her look as good as she is". Little one nodded emphatically and proceeded to say," Mama, nice. Mama office?"

I looked in the mirror and caught a glimpse of a familiar persona...

Goodbye dowdiness.
Hello sharpness.
Thank you Ann Taylor.

No comments: