Monday, July 14, 2008

Grilling

Today I interviewed with a leading security company. Very well established (since early 1900). Very reputed. Very interesting position. The last point is on account of the fact that one word in my resume resulted in the recruiter contacting me. Coldfusion. A programming language/application/tool that I had developed applications in almost 9 years ago. It's been at least 6 years since I touched it. But it's making a comeback now and it popped up in a keyword search and that's how I got involved.

I had already explained to the recruiter exactly where I stood with this. I was in no way portraying myself to be a Coldfusion guru anymore. They were still interested. So, in my dashing Ann Taylor suit, feeling like a million bucks, I drove the 20 miles to their office.

I interviewed with two people. The first person was my would-be manager. He was amazing to talk to. His philospohies on management blew me away. In turn he saw great potential in my range of experience.

The second interview was a little intimidating. The interviewer had a list of technical questions and grilled me relentlessly. At the end of it I had no idea where I stood... and I waited... for the recruiter to call with feedback...

He finally called and said "yes"! They wanted me back for round 2! Hooray!

No comments: