Thursday, July 24, 2008

Familiar ground Take 2

Back at the local non profit office for round 2. Couldn't sleep last night from the anxiety. Today's interview was scheduled to be with the IT Director and the CEO. I was very, very nervous.

Things turned out amazingly well though. The CEO turned out to be a passionate, intense and powerful young woman probably around my age with young kids too. She was so down to earth and even exchanged dates of birth and baby names and such with me. Her passion for the mission of the organization was inspirational and we shared a lot of common ground in terms of our management experiences. Towards the end of our interview I had goosebumps and had to hold back some tears even. If I could work under her, I would consider myself a lucky person.

At the end of our talk, she basically let me know that they wanted me on board. And that she looked forward to seeing me back there. I couldn't believe it.

So I went back home... and waited for the offer. The next morning, the HR director called. And I had the official offer on the table.

SIGH.

No comments: