Thursday, July 10, 2008

Familiar ground

Today was my first round of face-to-face interviews at the local chapter of a global non profit that I had previously worked at in another city. What was supposed tobe a series of two - one on one interviews - turned into a 4 person panel interview. As I walked into the room I had to reach into my toes to pull my voice back into my throat.

They were a wonderful group of people who made me feel at ease at once. My familiarity with the inner workings of the office, on account of my previous experience at a different chapter of the organization, gave me the confidence to answer the questions that came flying at me from all directions. This was my first face to face interview in over 3 years and the dust quickly came off and I eased into the talk...

I *think* I did well... and of course I came home and promptly sent off 4 thank you emails to the panelists. I do hope they call me back....

No comments: