Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hiking


In a moment of clarity yesterday morning, I realized 3 things. 3 things that together compose the small mountain I am climbing. (Note: Climbing is good for one's heart and health. It is also very powerful for clearing the head and providing blinding insight into the soul's purpose)

Recognizing the three components of my mountain was an "aha" moment for me. Here they are:

1. Taking a step away from IT to explore other spaces/careers for 2 years.
2. Taking a 2 year break from work to focus on my son's care.
3. Moving cross country 2 times in a 4 year period already marked by 1 and 2 above.

The result - no current experience (not an issue for most people i'm interviewing with), no recent technical skills (easy to brush up thanks to the internet and my local barnes and noble), and the biggest one - zero local network.

Bam! There's my mountain.

No comments: